- To be eligible for Estes Oil & Propane’s Blue Ribbon Protection Plan, Total Propane Comfort Plan, and/or A/C Cooling Summer Plan, you must purchase your yearly fuel supply from Estes Oil & Propane and be an automatic delivery customer.
- The plan goes into effect once inspection is approved and will be automatically renewed with payment due 30 days from billing unless either party provides in writing a desire to cancel contract. All contracts are for one year and are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Estes Oil & Propane will not be responsible for system damage due to frozen pipes, flooded basement, loss of electricity, power surges, switches being in off position, fires, other acts of God, lack of fuel, customer not being on automatic delivery, when thermostats are turned below room temperature, or when account is in delinquent status.
- Replacement or installation of antifreeze is not covered under this plan.
- Digital and programmable thermostats are not covered by this plan.
- Any parts that require replacement do to antifreeze corrosion is not covered under this plan.
- Plumbing and electrical wiring that is not part of the heating system, humidifiers, A/C, chimney maintenance, or duct work is not covered.
- Damages caused by generators are not covered.
- All replacement parts will be of like kind and quality and subject to availability.
- No other piping or radiation or labor to install is covered by this plan. Replacement of existing radiation is not covered.
- Alarm equipment attached to heating system is not covered under this plan.
- We are not responsible for removal nor are we required to handle any asbestos or equipment containing asbestos.
- Upgrades to the system is not covered under these plans.
- Plans are not transferable with the sale of home.
- Landlords are able to purchase a plan if they require tenants to purchase their oil from Estes oil.
- Non-Emergency Service calls will not be covered after normal working hours (see EMERGENCY SERVICE section for details).
- We are responsible for actual repair, replacement, or maintenance of the energy system itself, at our discretion.
- This plan is intended to cover your energy system itself under normal usage.
- Any unauthorized work performed on equipment other than by our own technicians voids this contract plan.
Additional Terms for Blue Ribbon Plan
- Under oil tank coverage, we will only cover tanks installed in a basement or garage. To receive coverage of any outside aboveground tank up to 550-gallon capacity, you must purchase the additional TankSure Program.
- Your heating equipment cannot have a firing rate over 2.5 gallons per hour.
- Your equipment must be inspected by one of our technicians and must meet or exceed all State of Maine codes and receive an efficiency rating at or above 80%.
- Under this plan, we are not responsible for oil lines running from the tank to the heating equipment and are not responsible for any environmental damage from leaking tanks, oil lines, pump seals, or motors. We will not be liable for contamination of soil, other property damage, or personal injury. We are not responsible for the removal or required to handle any asbestos or equipment contained with asbestos.
- This plan does not cover any blocked vent pipes due to snow, critters, or other natural cause.
Additional Terms for TankSure
The Tanksure Program provides a tank testing service and the TankSure Limited Warranty. An ultrasonic tank test will be performed by our technician to check for existing leaks before your tank can be accepted for enrollment. While we cannot guarantee the prevention of a leak or other failure of your tank, we are providing these new services with the hope that by testing and monitoring, we are offering a long-term proactive tank replacement program for our customers. We recommend that an annual test of your fuel tank be performed. If a tank leak occurs due to corrosion, the company will pay up to $1,000 toward the replacement of your tank in accordance with the terms of the TankSure Limited Warranty. A Warranty Certificate will be provided to you upon request. All contracts are for one year and are non-refundable and non-transferable. This plan covers one aboveground oil tank (up to 330 gallons) that is leaking due to normal usage or excessive rusting. Any attachments or existing piping such as oil filters, oil line, fill pipes, whistles, tank gauge, etc. are not included in the tank replacement. Estes Oil & Propane will not be liable for contamination of soil, other property damage, or personal injury. Estes Oil & Propane is not responsible for replacing oil that is in the tank or that has escaped due to the leak.
Additional Terms for Total Propane Comfort Plan
- To qualify, a GAS Check™ must be performed by one of our technicians and must be installed to Maine State Code.
- This plan does not cover system flushes or replacement of parts due to poor water quality.
- This plan does not cover leaks in gas piping.
- This plan does not cover blocked vent pipes due to snow, critters, or other natural causes.
Additional Terms for A/C Cooling Summer Plan
- To qualify for this plan, our technicians must inspect and pass your system and everything must be to State of Maine Code.
- All A/C calls under this plan with the exception of total system shutdown are considered non-emergency calls and will be scheduled during normal working hours.
- This plan is a maintenance plan only and does not cover replacement of major components.
- This plan covers one A/C unit only.
- Estes Oil will not be responsible for frozen pipes due to natural disasters, including but not limited to power outages, hurricanes, fires, flooded basements, or other acts of God.
- The customer must keep the house accessible at all times including plowing driveways and shoveling access to doors, as well as 24 hours access to get into the house.
- The customer must maintain a working phone line.
- Estes Oil will not be responsible for frozen pipes when thermostats are set below 55 degrees.
EMERGENCY SERVICE is defined as follows: 1. No heat during a time which heat is required for safe occupancy of the home. 2. Failure of parts covered under this plan that causes the heating unit to shut down on safety. 3. Anything affecting the safety of occupants living in the house. 4. Lack of hot water. 5. Or at the discretion of an Estes Oil & Propane Employee.
All other non-emergency calls will be completed during normal business hours. Estes Oil & Propane will come out for a non-emergency call after normal business hours but reserves the right to charge the customer if considered a non-emergency call. Estes Oil & Propane will attempt to contact customers with this plan to schedule annual service, however it is the customer’s responsibility to see that the service is scheduled.